Care and Maintenance of Your Kendon Stand-Up™ Trailer
At Kendon Industries we build our trailers to last. We’ve been building our innovative space-saving trailers since 1991, and some of the originals are still on the road today. When properly maintained, your Kendon Stand-Up™ Trailer should last a lifetime.
Here are some tips and techniques regarding the care and maintenance of your Kendon Stand-Up™ Trailer:
Read & Follow
- Read your Kendon trailer Operations or Owner’s Manual prior to use.
- Follow all loading, tie-down, and maintenance procedures
Protect & Store
- Protect your trailer from the elements to keep it looking like new and to minimize rust and weather damage
- Store your trailer inside or under a cover or awning when possible
- Cover your trailer with a custom Kendon trailer cover
Clean & Shine
- Dirt and grime destroy metal and moving parts
- Periodically wash your trailer with mild soap and water
- Dry with a soft towel, especially the aluminum diamond plate, to eliminate water spots
- Wipe the tires with Armor All or similar protective spray to minimize damage from exposure
- After washing or wet weather use, spray all bare metal surfaces and moving parts with a light water displacement spray such as WD40
Check & Lube
- Check the lug nuts periodically and re-torque to 90-120 ft.-lbs. as needed
- Check the air pressure in your tires, including the spare, before each use
- Verify the lights are working properly before each use
- Grease your hubs every 1,000 to 1,500 miles (read our tech article here)
- Clean your trailer hitch ball and apply a thin layer of grease to eliminate friction
Follow these simple tips and techniques for Kendon Trailer care and maintenance and you’ll go farther, enjoy the trip more, and arrive safely.
Now get out there. Go. Ride.
Leave a comment